Thank you. Arigato. Maraming Salamat. Merci.
So many ways to say thank you to the people, everything that had made you who you are today. In all honesty, there is not much meaning to it nowadays. Thanksgiving… What is it really? Do we really appreciate the people in our life? Or is it only on this day that it is in vogue… the closest holiday to Christmas to make amends so you could get on their Christmas list? Is it really important? I don’t mean to be this cynical, but there are so many things that make me think like this. What does it mean to be really thankful? Why are you thankful to that person? What does that person mean to you?
If you’d ask me what I am thankful for this season, I would have a few things that I would be. I am thankful that…
- I am still alive, breathing and well.
- I still have my family whole and full of love
- I have N who understands all my quirks and is someone who stimulates me to be better each day.
- I have a fulfilling hobby, that I could be proud of.
- I have talent.
- I have No Border Sisters that though we are apart, I know I am important to them
- I have new friends/acquaintances.
- I could still move on.
I couldn’t even get to 10 but thats the gist of it. I wish I could list more. But right now, Thats all I could think of. At least I have something to be thankful for