It’s too quiet. The silence is killing me. Though my ears and eyes are grateful for the lack of annoying political ads and jingles, I feel restless. Waiting for the elections is painful . I am so anxious and worried right now about the state of the nation after this battle that I feel that I am waiting in position, ready to take aim and fire just before a great war. This is the calm before the storm and so many questions, thoughts and feelings are pent up inside me and jumbled up that I want to scream.
My worries include the basic Who will win the elections? to Will we have to go to work on Tuesday? It could be as shallow as Should I wear shorts tomorrow ? to What will happen to our country after? Will there be martial law or war? Will the PCOS machine work?
This is it. The stage is set for tomorrow’s National and Local Elections. God willing, they it would be CLEAN, HONEST and HASSLE-FREE. I am hoping that things will be alright tomorrow and for the days to come.
I am scared because this elections is serious. The future of our country and my future children are at stake. Therefore, my worries also include:
- Having 6 years of NA and his yellow noose, I’d rather hang myself. Seriously. I wouldn’t take it. I do not want a moron to lead our country. I do not want someone who doesn’t think for himself or someone who will give 50-80% of his powers to the Vice- President to win. I am not stupid. My friend Jake Navasca said this:
“What i’m afraid most is if Noynoy turn out the same way how Cory turned out during her presidency; military coup, not living up to expectations, then military coup again.”
- I am worried that 6 years of the orange dude with the check sign might push our country to swim in an ocean of debt. In realty, we were taught this: What’s in it for me? I am scared about what’s in it for Mr. Villar.
- 6 years of the Red Ranger might make our country look like an angry mob. He has good intentions, just a bad temper and mouth. Stop talking so much.
- 6 years of Erap?! Are you kidding?!?! We just suffered through his impeachment, why again do we want to do that? He’s like stubborn acne. He doesn’t know when to give up. Annoying. really.
- I am praying fervently for the man in GREEN. We need a man like him to lead us out of this dump. He is the most capable and intelligent. We should believe in him.
I fear that the Filipinos are acting like babies again and going for what is shiny and flashy instead of candidates who have intellect and skill. It really isn’t about the marketing nor the celebrities. It is about what we believe in and if we are politically mature to choose a leader that we would not regret to have chosen.
In this calm before the storm, I am hoping that people would think, meditate and pray that their votes would count. Let us be smart voters this year. Let us go out and use our right of suffrage. Let us vote for the person who we believe can lead our motherland. Remember that we are not only voting for the next 6 years, this vote is for the future of our children.